Sunday, February 28, 2010

so tech savvy

ifigured out how to blog from my phone! Now I can fully abide by the development values of being totally connected all of the time in all ways possible...or something like that.

I'm currently lying on my bed because it is so hot today that there is nothing to do but lay around and complain about how hot it is. I did my laundry by hand, cleaned the house, and that's about all I can say I accomplished today. It is however a nice break from the grueling 8 to 5 training Monday through friday and most Saturdays. Next week I find out my permanent placement but for now if ya'll feel like sending me letters, I literally exclaim and sometimes jump when I get them. For the next few weeks my address is
Emily Birchfield
Peace corps
P.o. Box 9536
Pretoria 0001
South Africa

Things are going really well...my biggest struggle is learning ndebele, a language similar to Zulu, without having everybody erupt in laughter everytime I speak. I'm officially halfway through training so I've got some time but the prospects look bleak.

Missing you all! Keep in touch...that means send me mail!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi EE,
    It is so good to see by your posts that you are doing well ... and keeping your sense of humor! I keep checking to see if your blog is updated, and was so happy to see pictures today! Hooray for technology. :) Love your beautiful smile! Know that you are in my prayers ... Love to you, JanHarvey ... one word name! :)

    ReplyDelete